
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesia's Deputy Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dahnil Anzar Simanjuntak said that the majority of the sacrificial meat from Indonesian Hajj pilgrims would be distributed to the Palestinian community. He has requested the Saudi Arabian Hajj meat management, the Adahi Project, to do so.
"This year, we have requested Adahi and reached an agreement with the Saudi Arabian government to distribute this sacrificial meat to the Palestinian community," said Dahnil Anzar Simanjuntak to the Hajj Media Center team in Mecca, Friday, May 22, 2026, as quoted from MUI Digital.
He stated that this step is in line with the direction of President Prabowo Subianto. According to him, Prabowo is concerned about the Palestinian community. In addition to Palestine, some of the sacrificial meat will also be distributed to other communities in the Middle East.
During this year's Hajj season, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has started to record the payment methods for the pilgrims' sacrificial meat. Pilgrims are given the option to pay for the meat in the Holy Land through the Adahi Project, pay in Indonesia through official zakat amil institutions, or personally, or replace it with fasting.
Based on the preliminary data until Friday, May 22, 2026, a total of 126,832 pilgrims have determined their payment method for the sacrificial meat.
90,956 pilgrims paid for the meat in the Holy Land through the Adahi Project, while 32,691 pilgrims chose to pay for it in their home country. In addition, there were 3,195 pilgrims who chose to replace the meat with fasting, and 1,076 ifrad pilgrims who were not obliged to pay for the meat.
Dahnil stated that the data will continue to develop and be updated periodically by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
For him, this year's sacrificial meat recording is an important momentum in improving the management of the Indonesian Hajj. During last year's Hajj season, only about 10,000 pilgrims from a total of 221,000 Indonesian pilgrims were recorded to have paid for the meat. "Around 8,000 pilgrims paid through Adahi and 2,000 others in their home country," said Dahnil.
Read: Saudi Arabia Tightens Mecca Traffic Ahead of Hajj Season
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo on Google News
Saudi Arabia Tightens Mecca Traffic Ahead of Hajj Season
16 jam lalu

The Directorate General of Passports of Saudi Arabia noted that a total of 1,518,153 international pilgrims have arrived in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia: 1.5 Million Join Hajj Pilgrimage Despite War
1 hari lalu

Saudi Arabia has been directly hit by missiles and drones during the Iran war, but the country is hosting the all-important Muslim pilgrimage anyway.
Indonesia Strengthens Services in Mecca in Anticipation of Hajj Peak
6 hari lalu

Indonesian regular hajj pilgrims are now in Mecca to prepare for the peak of the hajj rites, and the government is concentrating its efforts to strengthen services in Mecca to support their readiness for the core phase of the pilgrimage.
Hajj Update: First Wave of Indonesian Pilgrims Leave Medina for Mecca
8 hari lalu

The departure process of the hajj pilgrims went smoothly.
Indonesian House to Monitor Hotels, Catering for Hajj Pilgrims
13 hari lalu

The Indonesian House of Representatives (DPR) monitoring team will ensure that all agreements on hajj services are implemented.
Indonesia Reports 20 Hajj Pilgrim Deaths in Saudi Arabia
13 hari lalu

Ichsan stated that the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah continues to remind pilgrims to discipline themselves in maintaining their health amidst the hot weather conditions in Saudi Arabia.
Minister Airlangga: Rupiah Decline Common in Hajj Season
17 hari lalu

Airlangga said currency depreciation is not unique to rupiah and is common across countries, particularly during the annual Hajj season.
Illegal Hajj Risks: Saudi Arabia Issues 10-Year Entry Ban
20 hari lalu

Risks of legal consequences for performing hajj without a hajj visa. What are they?
Hajj 2026: Seven Indonesians Pass Away in Medina
21 hari lalu

By the 12th day of hajj operations, the Ministry has recorded 175 groups, totaling 68,082 pilgrims and 697 officials, departing for Medina.
Foreign Ministry: Three Indonesians Arrested in Mecca Over Hajj Fraud
23 hari lalu

Indonesia's Foreign Ministry says KJRI in Jeddah reports 3 suspected Indonesians arrested in Mecca on April 28.
52 menit yang lalu
English (US) ·
Indonesian (ID) ·